Peavey Vypyr 60 TUBE review with pics! Bought it today

jlc1587

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

$1,000 is hella cheap man. TBH, I preferred the regular 'ol 5150 is sounds much bigger and much more low-mid friendly for chugging. Althoguh, the 5153 can coax some sick tones as well, especially evh tones.

A GC guy told me that they aren't going to carry the 5153 anymore because they blow up all the time. You'd be better off with a 6505+ which is what the 5153 is trying to sound like anyway.

• Members

A GC guy told me that they aren't going to carry the 5153 anymore because they blow up all the time. You'd be better off with a 6505+ which is what the 5153 is trying to sound like anyway.

Wow, I totally disagree with that. The 6505 series amps sound way different man.

• Members

$1,000 is hella cheap man. TBH, I preferred the regular 'ol 5150 is sounds much bigger and much more low-mid friendly for chugging. Althoguh, the 5153 can coax some sick tones as well, especially evh tones.

Thanks,I will probably stick with my FJA ,It is my favorite metal amp I have ever owned and every sice I started coming to HCAF I have been through alot. Anyway back on topic!!!:thu:

• Members

I have the 75 & bought the Tube 60 a couple weeks ago. Gigged with it weds night ... cut through fine. For old school metal, I dig the Brit (HiWatt) model. Still figuring it out ... one thing I do know is the sanpera pedal sucksass. The cord does not fit well in the socket - just falls out. It's not even a midi cable - its something I've never seen before. Really poor design. The amp is very bright (could it be even brighter than the Original 75 ... I think it is). Overall, nice amp ... not sure if it'll make it for gigging though with the {censored}ty sanpera pedal.

HT

• Members

I have the 75 & bought the Tube 60 a couple weeks ago. Gigged with it weds night ... cut through fine. For old school metal, I dig the Brit (HiWatt) model. Still figuring it out ... one thing I do know is the sanpera pedal sucksass. The cord does not fit well in the socket - just falls out. It's not even a midi cable - its something I've never seen before. Really poor design. The amp is very bright (could it be even brighter than the Original 75 ... I think it is). Overall, nice amp ... not sure if it'll make it for gigging though with the {censored}ty sanpera pedal.

HT

Not a midi cable? I thought that was a midi port? I haven't even looked at it honestly on my amp. I just read where to do the update you plug a midi cable in that port.

Anyone updated? Does it really do anything? I mean my amp sounds so good now I don't really want to update if it's going to change something I like.

I'm not buying the pedal btw. I have no reason for it.

Edit: I just checked online it says it IS a midi cable for the pedal.

Archived