Describe the MAKO Dorado?

IamGuitaRJ

• Members

If tight, cutting, punchy, and ballsy, that may be all i need to worry about.

BUT!

If i were to get the MAK-2, is the clean good? Is it good enough, that i might bust out a fuzz and use it for some of the regular rock {censored}? I doubt i will use it for that but if it sounds good that way, i can avoid spending more money on a different amp.

I've listened to the Absence songs and they sound good, just don't know how it compares to live tone, since that is my main concern.

The sound seems a little saturated in those particular clips but i dont know how much is mako and how much is something else, if even the mako was used, im unsure.

So help a bruthah out punks.

• Members

If tight, cutting, punchy, and ballsy, that may be all i need to worry about.

BUT!

If i were to get the MAK-2, is the clean good? Is it good enough, that i might bust out a fuzz and use it for some of the regular rock {censored}? I doubt i will use it for that but if it sounds good that way, i can avoid spending more money on a different amp.

I've listened to the Absence songs and they sound good, just don't know how it compares to live tone, since that is my main concern.

The sound seems a little saturated in those particular clips but i dont know how much is mako and how much is something else, if even the mako was used, im unsure.

So help a bruthah out punks.

I think they used a combination of amps on the Absence album. Some Marshall and I think Framus Cobra. I could be wrong though. {censored}, when I last saw them Pat was using a Madison Divinity 3 so there may be some Madison on it too.

• Members
Describe the MAKO Dorado

In a word: Unattainable.

Everytime I try to order one, Andrew is backedup and not taking orders... or there is a 6 month wait-list.

:mad:

They look like killer amps, and I'd love to own one.

Damn, that sounds unpleasant to deal with, I was planning on unloading my current amps but if there is a 6 month wait, i'm not sure how i would get along without an amp for immediate use.

Archived