Decent/Cheap Tube Amp? (Metal/Rock)

Syyle

• Members

Can anyone recommend me a decent/cheap amp setup? My budget is around $700 for both the cab and the amp head. I am looking for a tube amp. I would like a half stack cab, and I have no issues going the used route so that should bring some better items within my price range.

Any thoughts? Maybe the Peavey Valveking rig (both cab/head)?

The sound I play is a cross between Gojira and Tool.

• Members

Can anyone recommend me a decent/cheap amp setup? My budget is around $700 for both the cab and the amp head. I am looking for a tube amp. I would like a half stack cab, and I have no issues going the used route so that should bring some better items within my price range.

Any thoughts? Maybe the Peavey Valveking rig (both cab/head)?

The sound I play is a cross between Gojira and Tool.

buy a used windsor off the "Bay and send it to Jerry for the modz to get teh toanz

kthanxbai

edit: or buy a Booger-a

• Members

Not exactly metal material, but you could get a Sovtek MIG100 for like 400-500$ if you look around and then save the rest toward a cheap aforementioned local CL 1960a. IMO Sovtek did a pretty good JCM800 clone, and the cleans are rockin, especially if you use an EQ. :thu:

• Members

i left out some pretty important information i guess....

i am playing a schecter c-1 classic, real nice/fat/sustain/crunch tone. my effects rig is a BBE sonic maximizer and a BOSS GT-10. how do these items factor into my decision?

Archived