Mrak III simul-class owners, what tubes?

C-Dawg

• Members

I have 6L6s in mine. It's a Simulclass too, although its not modded.

Meh, its just modded to the 2C+ preamp specs. I bought the amp back when Mark IIIs were cheap with the sole intention of having it modded. Lately I haven't been enjoying it too much, I think its because it needs new tubes. Its starting to sound flabby, farty and flat. Thats pretty indicative of new tubes I'd say. Plus, when I put it up for sale last week, I looked in the back of the amp for the first time in A WHILE and realized it had Svetlana tubes in it (2 6L6s and 2 EL34s). Yuck, I hate Svetlanas. I had thought all along I had Rubys in it, then I remembered I had Ruby's in another amp that I sold last year (Single Rectifier).

• Members

6L6s on their way from Mesa. I shoulda just ordered from Doug though. He didn't have the Rubys that I wanted 'cus apparently Mesa is buying all of 'em up. Well, it woulda been the same price to just buy SED 6L6s that he did have after shipping was added in from Mesa AFTER I COMPLETED THE ORDER :mad:. I will never order tubes from Mesa again. When I ordered off of their site, there was NO mention of shipping charges. After I clicked on the submit button, they sent me a confirmation email with the total price with $13 added for shipping :eek: (coming out to $97 total). That is {censored}ing highway robbery right there. $13 dollars to ship 4 tubes, give me a {censored}ing break. At any rate, no matter the cost, I will only order tubes from Doug from now on. I coulda gotten a lot better tube for the same price as Rubys. Mesa can go suck a dick.

Archived