Uberschall preamp tubes...

C-Dawg

• Members

OK, so I just retubed the powertubes w/ Ruby EL34BHTs and it sounds a lot better. I also got 2 tungsol 12ax7s that I was thinkin' about tryin' 1 in v1 of the amp. I've got a few questions about this.

1. I read someone say on here that Bogners eat up Tungsols pretty quick. Anyone heard this?

2. I bought the amp used, it had 3 Sovtek 12ax7LPS's in it. In V1, V2, and V6. It also has a Sovtek 12ax7WA (yuck) in v4. Does the bogner have any cathode follower tube positions? I know you can't use the LPS's in cathode follower positions, so I'm worried about replacing the 12ax7WA w/ an LPS and that happen to be a cathode follower position.

Nao answer mah questions! :mad:

• Members

OK, so I just retubed the powertubes w/ Ruby EL34BHTs and it sounds a lot better. I also got 2 tungsol 12ax7s that I was thinkin' about tryin' 1 in v1 of the amp. I've got a few questions about this.

1. I read someone say on here that Bogners eat up Tungsols pretty quick. Anyone heard this?

2. I bought the amp used, it had 3 Sovtek 12ax7LPS's in it. In V1, V2, and V6. It also has a Sovtek 12ax7WA (yuck) in v4. Does the bogner have any cathode follower tube positions? I know you can't use the LPS's in cathode follower positions, so I'm worried about replacing the 12ax7WA w/ an LPS and that happen to be a cathode follower position.

Nao answer mah questions!
:mad:

I think V4 and V5 are the cathode follower stages. I thought the LPS sounded pretty good in that amp, afaik he was using those tubes stock for a long time. I had chinese in the cathode follower stages, and never had a problem.

Archived