thinking about buying a fender deluxe reverb reissue

bluesboy

• Members

For the people that own them or play them regularly, what do you think? Have you ever had any reliability issues? Ive been reading the reviews, and seems like alot of things go wrong, and fender may be a bitch to deal with.

what say you HCAF?

yay or nay?

Based on sound, i already know ill like it. im talking more about reliability here.

• Members

I gigged with one for over a year, no problems. I also know a few people who's gigged with the RI's for several years and also no problems.

I've actually haven't heard of problems with the DRRI. What are people mentioning? and what reviews are you reading?

• Members

the reviews on this site, and also on the fender amp forum. i hear stories of people having to bring back amps 3 or 4 times beofre getting a good one (i.e., return the broken amp and get a completely new different amp, then that one craps out, repeat the whole process 3 or 4 times)

• Members

I'm curious also because I've been thinking of getting the Super Reverb RI. If you're handy with a soldering iron then you could build your own from a kit like Marsh Amps or Mojotone among others. I'm considering going that route but havn't decided yet.

• Members

hmmm honestly i wouldn't trust any reviews on the reviews site of HC..maybe the fender forum has more credibility. but i've never heard of or experienced any problems while owning my deluxe. there are lots of people on here who have one as well, maybe they can chime in.

to dio666- i have a super for about a year and no problems so far, aside from a fuse blowing.

• Members

" I've owned a Deluxe Reverb Reissue for close to 8 years . . one of the 'Blonde Tolex' versions. Side by side with my 'Original' 65 DR, it was hard to tell them apart. I gigged the RI consistently for a couple of years, no issues with mine. I swapped power tubes, just as a matter of maintenance, and she's still purring along.
I recently went back to my trusty old Mesa MK2-B. for gigs.
But, I'd use the DRRI in a minute if needed.
For most circumstances, really great amps. IMHO. " MS1

Archived