Mesa Roadking Vs Roadster Differences

Jcm800_6550

• Members

Yeah, it's kinda cool. I like the idea. But honestly i hated my Mesa because I thought it had way to much going on with all it's little switches and hidden knobs and jazz. So I sold it and bought an Orange AD30HTC. Best decision I ever made. What kind of music are you playing?

• Members

ive been debating wheter i should or not they both sound very kickass (jcm800-roadster) i think the reason that im leaning twards roadster is because i always hear it through a nice 4x12 mesa v30 cab, and my 800 through a not so good b-52 cab, i think im just gonna save up the $ and get a nice used old marshall cab or maby a mesa cab i dont know yet because i havent heard the jcm800 through v30's does it sound any good?

• Members

We used a JCM 800 through a mesa cab on our record and it sounds awesome. i borrowed my buddy's roadster for a few months and another one of my friends has one and they sound alright. They're hard as crap to tweak but I would say keep the 800 and get a good cab with vintage 30's in it or Greenbacks.

• Members

If it were me, I'd keep the JCM 800. I think those amps work way better for hard rock and heavy music. Thrice gets some killer rock tone's out of theirs. But then again, that's just me.

what is thrice's username? is there anymore

Archived