My opus

Beakybird

• Members

I posted this song several months ago, and I did a real lot with it since then, so I could say that it is finished, but I am very open to suggestions on it: except "Write a different song instead."

Production-wise, I think this is about as elaborate as I can get with my limited skills and my not having access to studio musicians. Thanks for listening!

www.myspace.com/larrylevin

Song: I Want to Scuba Dive Into Your Eyes

Style: Pop Rock Ballad

BPM: 71

Length: 4:45

Lyrics:

I WANT TO SCUBA DIVE INTO YOUR EYES

My longing stare

Is all too clear

You sense a threat

Spiraling like the gray smoke of a cigarette

I fold my coat

And clear my throat

But the words don

• Members

Larry,

That was freakin' awesome man. Great 70's AM vibe. It was like some long lost demented Hudson Brothers song. I dig it big time. Limited skills? Hardly. This kicks serious butt.

I see you're in Woodridge. Whereabouts? I'm in the Winston Hills neighborhood around Hobson and 355.

Great song and production. Perfect. I'll listen to your other stuff when I get a chance. But I already know I'm a fan. Wow!

• Members

Larry,

That was freakin' awesome man. Great 70's AM vibe. It was like some long lost demented Hudson Brothers song. I dig it big time. Limited skills? Hardly. This kicks serious butt.

I see you're in Woodridge. Whereabouts? I'm in the Winston Hills neighborhood around Hobson and 355.

Great song and production. Perfect. I'll listen to your other stuff when I get a chance. But I already know I'm a fan. Wow!

Now that is the reaction that I dream of hearing - from 50,000 people at once. Well, I'm not really an egomaniac, but we all want to move people with music. I'll have to look for the Hudson Brothers.

Yup, we are neighbors - almost. I live about a block from I-355 between Hobson and 75th St. It's a small web!

Beakybird

• Members

Something about the way your voice goes from clear and jazzy to tense and shaky is really cool. I used to listen to a band that had a singer that kind of did that.. what was their name..

The tragically hip...lol.. had to youtube it..it's been years

anyways.. great song with really interesting lines.

• Members

Ok, I got it on your RN site,

"I want to swim forever in a recess deep inside" Does this mean what I think it does?

Hey, you have a McCartney vibe on this one to me :-) like from that bond film he did? And the last one I heard beatles too.

• Members

Thanks for listening.

The closest influences for this song were Gypsie Kings for the chords to the verse, Elvis Costello for a few of the lyrics and the vocal approach, Eric Carmen for the chords to chorus, and Elton John for the harmonies.

The song is long for a pop song, but I like the way that the bridge leads into a solo with the hook chords modulated a 5th up, and then the solo goes seamlessly into the verse in the original chords.

Beakybird

Archived