Got some lyrics/chords for critique ...

• Members

I'm trying to write simpler. My band needs a short punkish rocker, but more along the lines of "Little Sister" by QOTSA.

I made a decision with myself to write based on melody and lyrics first rather than working backwards from pieces of music and this is the first song that I managed to do it that way. It's not easy of course, but the whole process took about 20 minutes.

It's about wanting to change yourself for the better, but not being able to follow through with any plans you set for yourself.

:o

Born Today, Dey

• Members

I think the great thing about punk music, is that you are free to color outside the lines...focus more on a message than a melody at first.. and then take a jack hammer and smash the words into place as much as possible... but the message has to reign in this type of music imo. I would write about something you feel strongly about.. rhyme as much as possible, but don't worry if a few lines don't.

Hope this helps ya bro.

I'm trying to write simpler. My band needs a short punkish rocker, but more along the lines of "Little Sister" by QOTSA.

I made a decision with myself to write based on melody and lyrics first rather than working backwards from pieces of music and this is the first song that I managed to do it that way. It's not easy of course, but the whole process took about 20 minutes.

It's about wanting to change yourself for the better, but not being able to follow through with any plans you set for yourself.

:o

Born Today, Dey

Archived