Need some feedback

Adey

• Members

Hi guys im 27 years old and have been making music for about 14 years.

Ive always had an issue about my music, its been very hard for me to let people hear it exept a few close friends. The reason is that im scared.

Music means so much to me that i cant bare the thought that i am just another wannabe, nobody special. Now, i know that theres a philosophy

that any music made by anyone with honesty and integrity is as worthy as any music, even though it might have commercial value.

I would realy appreciate it if people could give me some feedback, im not too conserned about recording quality ect, i know i have a very meagre recording setup, but i think the results are good enough to put my songwriting/arranging skills into a debate so to speak.

From listening to my songs, would you say i have the potentioal to to work in the music industy? Either as a songwriter, artist or guitarist in a decent working band?

I know im being a bit vulgar and clinical about a subjective subject, so i apologise.

There are 8 songs here, only Listen from the start has vocals (sung by a friend) but they are quite diverse in their styles so flick through untill you here something you wanna listen to.

http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=killadey

http://www.soundclick.com/killadey

Many thanks in advance,

Adrian

• Members

I only listened to the first two songs. Wow, I'm really impressed. These songs don't need vocals IMO, the instrumentation is already in the forefront. I feel very........at ease when I'm listening. Your guitar playing is really catchy, and I think that your music is marketable for sure. The only complaint I have was the sound of the drums, kind of tinny and fake sounding, but that's a minor distraction. Keep up the good work.

• Members

Your stuff is really good man. You certainly have talent. You've done a great job of layering the sounds/instruments and the melodies are catchy. I would certainly pursue playing in a band if I were you...there's something great about playing live with other musicians...learning how to LISTEN to other players while you are playing your own part and responding to what they are playing is a skill that many lack these days because they've never developed it. Whether in a band or as a solo act, you should test the waters in terms of performing live and see how you respond to that environment.

• Members

You have no reason to not show this music. You seem to play and create at a high level.

As for not being "just another guy", how do we really measure that? Some of the best musicians in the world don't make a lot of money and may not be recognized.

There are 10 million bands and artists on Myspace, for instance. Some are very very good. Most don't make any money. Sometimes the ones that make good money just got lucky. And they might not be the best ones.

You sound really good.

Nothing to be shy about.

• Members

Your stuff sounds great to me. The changes sound nice, and the guitar parts are nicely layered. Many of the songs sound like they'd be great songs with the right lyrics and voice added. I'll second speierg -- you might consider getting a band together. Think quite a bit about what kind of vocals you might want. Those songs deserve good vocals. The right guy or girl lyricist/singer might be able to put something to those songs in no time flat. The melodies and phonics are definitely are writing themselves in my head when I listen to them.

Just my opinions of course.

• Members

some of the best musicians in the world never get the recognition they deserve, your work sounds great, let's hope you get your 15 minutes and more. I agree with all above, there's absolutely nothing to be shy about, you've done your homework. :thu:

• Members

*peels himself off ceiling*

Wow guys thanks, im totally made up.

Thats such a big deal for me to hear that, so i thank you with all my heart.

This place has been an awesome place for me too, learned so much just by lurking around, i hope to get involved a bit more too.

:thu:

• Members

Adey,

In your comment to me about my song, you said you thought I was a good song writer.

I am humbled. You are a good writer, and arranger. I listened to "Feel it" and "Dreams". Both are skillfully written and executed.

As far as your post, nobody is a nobody. If you have music in you, you have it forever. People will always listen and appreciate.

You should pursue it if it is what makes you happy. It is not an easy industry, but can be exciting.

In any case, you definately have talent.

Danley

• Members

Adey,

In your comment to me about my song, you said you thought I was a good song writer.

I am humbled. You are a good writer, and arranger. I listened to "Feel it" and "Dreams". Both are skillfully written and executed.

As far as your post, nobody is a nobody. If you have music in you, you have it forever. People will always listen and appreciate.

You should pursue it if it is what makes you happy. It is not an easy industry, but can be exciting.

In any case, you definately have talent.

Danley

Well said, sir.

• Members

HOLY SH#T!

This is some great music, man. I could listen to "FY2" all day long.

wow....just, wow.

regarding lyrics: I agree most of these don't need them, but do yourself a favor and check out The Feelies, a late 80's early 90's band. Especially the album Crazy Rhythms (out of print and hard to find -- PM me if you can't find it). Similar vibe, and they did a lot with minimal lyrics. Your music has so much melody to it already, it'd be a shame to cover that up.

Fantastic stuff.

• Members

Thank guys, i was physically shaking when i read your replies, i get emotional quite easy lol.

I didnt realise there were more replies untill now so sorry for late reply.

Hey fendebender, is there anything of yours i can listen too?

Its slowly starting to dawn on me that this place is better for finding new music than t.v or radio. Im liking what im hearing from people on here;)

Thanks all

Adey

Archived