Need some help with song...

Adey

• Members

beautiful song. love the shaker. love the harmonica that's just barely there.

sounds a little dark on my monitors, maybe needs a little more high end?

the snare sounds suspect to me, maybe too much reverb in the context of the other instruments ... maybe try a drier snare sound? makes it sound like a sample to me. the snare commands a lot of attention in the song and it sounds like it's in a different space than the rest of the song.

i hear clicks or claps at the same time as the snare that sound like glitches. around 2:30-3:30. i think maybe these should be lined up better with the snare, or quieter?

love the focus on the bass right at the end.

• Members

Sounds fine to me.. if it is what you want, then it is what will work..

I almost never talk about production because I find that aspect of songwriting over rated and almost insignificant.... as I know you are still working on this one it is no big deal.. but on my little home system it is totally turned to 100 percent and I am struggling with hearing it..

On the flip side it is much better than too compressed and loud..

But no, the song it's self, as a song, sorks fine.. sounds like a work in progress.

• Members

Thanks for your views, very interesting.

@spazdr8cr

Firstly there is no reverb on the drums whatsoever, i think the snare is too loud though and maybe too much compression. Its EZDrummer Funkmasters btw.

The shaker is a matchbox with rice inside :D

There are claps at the end, and they are perfectly lined up with beats 2 n' 4

maybe i could loosen the claps in respect to each other so it sounds more like a flam than a pop, maybe i could take the compression off the claps, open them up a bit?

333maxwell, i kinda agree about what you said, i think in the future will be asking questions like "how do get my drum sound to sound like".....

Rather than; "what do you think of the production"

Anyway this is a song writting forum, its not even supposed to be about production. But you guys said it was a nice song so thats good enough for me.

Cheers Fellas.

Adey

Archived