Fenderfunk14 Song Thread

fenderfunk14

• Members

Over the next few weeks or so I aim to place songs that I've recorded into this thread for comments, criticism, and possible collaboration. Id appreciate any feedback you have to offer, as well as bass and drum parts, seeing as most tracks will consist of guitar parts only.

This is the first track to be critiqued. Keep in mind its an unmixed track, so the sound levels arent on point, but if you have any advice concerning composition I'd be glad to hear it.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Thanks a lot, guys

• Members

Overall I like it, but there are a couple things:

The change at ~ :58-1:16, and again at ~ 2:08-2:25...seems abrupt. Is that what you're thinking of as some sort of chorus? I like the part at ~ 2:25-3:25 a lot more...fits the song better and has a smoother transition in and out, so maybe do a shorter version of that to replace thoses sections, and make the other change some sort of pre-bridge, or outro, or something....I don't know! It may be that it has no drums/bass/vocals that's making it sound that way.

There were also some parts where the lead guitar was just begging for a minor chord behind it (I'm not near my guitar so can't figure out the chords at the moment)...maybe throw one in somewhere.

Good stuff, man. I like it.

• Members

It sounds like an unmixed track? And the sound levels don't seem to be on point. Actually it sounds like the red hot chillie peppers to me. In fact, in places, it sounds "just like" the RHCP and a song of theirs I've heard. I'm sure they're an influence.

• Members

fenderbender- thanks for the comments, maybe i'll try and work out a smoother chorus. i think once the bass track is added it might sound a little better, but i'll work on it anyway. where should the minor chord fit? if you figure one out please let me know, i'd love to experiment with it.

rockinrobby- yes, its unmixed and the sound levels are off, i thought i mentioned that earlier in the post, but yeah, sorry about that. yes, the rhcp were an influence. I tried avoid sounding "just like" them, but i guess it still happened. maybe i'll switch things up a bit. i think the part youre talking about is also the part that fenderbender would like to change, so i'll think about altering it.

thanks guys! keep the comments coming

• 2 weeks later...

Archived