Wrote a type of song I'm not used to

• Members

Hello everyone, I received a ton of valuable feedback on my last thread so I thought I'd make another one. I just finished a new song, its called "Time Warp" and it was strange to write because while I usually write songs around my acoustic guitar, this time I used a piano. It did NOT feel right at all.

It's up on this website http://www.myspace.com/colinkohtzistight and it's the first song up there.

The lyrics are pretty impressionistic, so if they sound strange they are dong their job.

Feedback, positive and especially critical, is very welcome :)

• Members

Sounds good to me. I didn't get the same uncomfortable feeling that you did seeing that you were out of your comfort zone. You seem right at home on a piano. That's an instrument I need to learn. You have a very similar sounding voice to that of Pete Yorn. It's calm and relaxing. Which is great for when you need to de-stress.

Cheers,

Deric

• Members

Man your song is fantastic and just the kind of music that I look for to listen to while smoking hookah. Really sounds great but since your looking for some critical feedback as well.. at about 1:35 into the song the background synth could be a little quiter because at the moment its kinda taking over the piano, which I think could use a bit more volume. Awesome song though, I loved it

Archived