Mesa Just had Tube Meltdown

Indiana Tones

• Members

Tube failure at band rehearsal sucks {censored}ing dick. Started losing volume, thought I had a lose cable, switched channels.....what the...then the singer/vocalist in the band said, "Dude, your {censored}ing tubes are glowing like {censored}." Turned around and sure as {censored}, could see it through the vents. They were hot as hell.......then nothing, fuse blew.

Looking at the back of the amp the 3 tubes on the left side of my Triple Rec. were hot as hell, by the looks of the white print on the Mesa Tubes that is now brown.

Anybody had this problem? I've never had a tube fail on me in 10 years of owning tube amps. The power tubes have been in it for a little over 2 years,(since new), been going to buy some new tubes for the last year:facepalm:

• Members

Tube failure at band rehearsal sucks {censored}ing dick. Started losing volume, thought I had a lose cable, switched channels.....what the...then the singer/vocalist in the band said, "Dude, your {censored}ing tubes are glowing like {censored}." Turned around and sure as {censored}, could see it through the vents. They were hot as hell.......then nothing, fuse blew.

Looking at the back of the amp the 3 tubes on the left side of my Triple Rec. were hot as hell, by the looks of the white print on the Mesa Tubes that is now brown.

Anybody had this problem? I've never had a tube fail on me in 10 years of owning tube amps. The power tubes have been in it for a little over 2 years,(since new), been going to buy some new tubes for the last year:facepalm:

2 years is a good long time if you play it at band volumes quite a lot. I usually replace my tubes every calendar year if they are getting cranked a lot.

Archived