"Killers of the Worst Type" - thoughts?

Bright_Midnight

• Members

i didn't like it very much. but that's purely a style thing, i wasn't much for the Doors after my early teens. the dissonant riffage was really grating, again, purely a taste thing.

there are lyrics. i can make some of them out. but i can't make sense of them. what is the story you are telling?

• Members

no one has thoughts?

Okay... since you're asking...This is alright. It's kinda weird. I can't decide if I kind of like it or hate it. Has a 60s British rocker vibe, which I like. But the musicianship is sloppy to the point of distraction.

(Also, don't be so needy. People will comment or they won't. Sometimes you might wish they hadn't.)

• Members

i wouldn't mind reading the lyrics while listening as it was a tad hard to hear.

I thought it to be interesting, some timing issues here and there pull it down some but I though it had a roomy feel to it. The only thing that stood out as a "not like" was the guitar riff at the bridge/prechorus area.

• Members

no one has thoughts?

I am certain that I don't care much for the singer/songwriter genre to begin with, but this is beyond horrible. This is why:

Sounds like Jim Morrison singing flat on Tylenol PM doing Lounge music.

Guitar is played painfully out of tune on purpose at times. Why? Is this supposed to give the whole thing some type of an outsider feel?

Bass grooves one minute and falls apart the next. I blame the guitarist.

Drummer does fine other than an extremely annoying over dependence on his shimmering cymbals.

On a scale from 1 to 10, I'd give it a 3. That's being generous simply because there is talent present. However, it's in massive need of redirecting.

• Members

The Doors influence is obvious, as I'm sure you know. I agree with the comments saying the arrangement needs more work. It could be a nice sound, with some work.

I couldn't understand the lyric at all. I don't know if you're trying to get a Morrissey/Jim Morrison vocal sound. That may just be the way you naturally sound. If it's not, I'd recommend dropping the Doors affectation and singing in a manner closer to your normal conversational voice. It might really help the intelligibility of the vocals.

Archived