"Cameron Made Shiva"

mguts5150

• Members

I take it getting a Super Shiva isn't as easy as just calling Reinhold Bogner and asking if I can send it in?

Do any of you know if the Anniversary Shiva (supposed to have a lot more gain) is anything like the Super Shiva?

• Members

Do any of you know if the Anniversary Shiva (supposed to have a lot more gain) is anything like the Super Shiva?

The Shiva lead channel has been tweaked a few times over the years... and the newer models do have more gain. No idea on the Anni. models. If you like having extra gain on tap, the XTC would be your best bet. Plenty of good deals on used ones right now too.

• Members

There are quite a few floating around. At NAMM this year I got to talk to R. Bogner quite a bit. He told me to never sell my #11 shiva and that Mark did do a few things here and there to some shivas he made, but could not remember the details.

DSC00587.jpg

Hey, is that where the infamous angry NAMM guy came from, or was he photoshopped in?

• Members

Hey, is that where the infamous angry NAMM guy came from, or was he photoshopped in?

What? I took that pic...its not photo shopped at all. Who is angy NAMM guy? I noticed that guy when I was looking over my pics from NAMM that night. Who is that guy?

• Members

Connections... you need connections.
;)
AFAIK He won't do them any more.

The Shiva lead channel has been tweaked a few times over the years... and the newer models do have more gain. No idea on the Anni. models. If you like having extra gain on tap, the XTC would be your best bet. Plenty of good deals on used ones right now too.

I didn't think I'd be getting a Super Shiva that easy :).

Do you guys think the models with reverb are lacking in tone at all or they both sound pretty much the same?

• Members

I didn't think I'd be getting a Super Shiva that easy
:)

Do you guys think the models with reverb are lacking in tone at all or they both sound pretty much the same?

I personally have no use for reverb on the EL34s models. If I used the clean channel mainly, and went for a 6L6GC model instead, reverb would be an option. You can always add it outboard later.

• Members

Just an FYI there was a purple super shiva and Cameron modded XTC for sale at TGP recently if you are looking for one.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm trying to sell my amp first before I buy, but I'm going to keep my eye open over there.

Archived