HELP! low volume due to rig connection. G Major Problem.

xnickbeex

• Members

OK so I just wired my rack with the planet waves DIY cable kit.

I turned on the amp/rack gear and i'm getting a very low volume. and when i turn up the volume, it doesnt change

When I remove the Gmajor 2 from my chain it's normal. The volume can be increased/decreased.

Is there something wrong with the G major 2? When I strum I don't see the input meters light up. when i increase/decrease the input/output knobs, there is no change in volume.

My chain is like this.

Pre

tuner in from guitar

tuner out to ch1 in Decimator

ch1out Decimator to Amp IN

EFX Send to Ch2in Decimator

Ch2 out Decimator to Mono In Gmajor

Gmajor Mono out to EFX return

Somebody pleeeeease help me!

• Members

OK so I just wired my rack with the planet waves DIY cable kit.

I turned on the amp/rack gear and i'm getting a very low volume. and when i turn up the volume, it doesnt change

When I remove the Gmajor 2 from my chain it's normal. The volume can be increased/decreased.

Is there something wrong with the G major 2? When I strum I don't see the input meters light up. when i increase/decrease the input/output knobs, there is no change in volume.

My chain is like this.

Pre

tuner in from guitar

tuner out to ch1 in Decimator

ch1out Decimator to Amp IN

EFX Send to Ch2in Decimator

Ch2 out Decimator to Mono In Gmajor

Gmajor Mono out to EFX return

Somebody pleeeeease help me!

Have you used the G-major before? Have you tried messing with the input/output knobs on the g-major? Also, I don't know about the rockerverb but does it have a switch to change it from line to instrument level in the loop?

• Members

First thing I would do is take the decimator out of the equation for a bit, and run it like this:

Preamp > G-major 2 > Power amp.

See what happens then, also, in the 1st gen. G-major, there is a setting for Pro or Consumer volumes, there is a big db difference between the two, try that.

• Members

First thing I would do is take the decimator out of the equation for a bit, and run it like this:

Preamp > G-major 2 > Power amp.

See what happens then, also, in the 1st gen. G-major, there is a setting for Pro or Consumer volumes, there is a big db difference between the two, try that.

Thanks for trying to help, but sorry- False alarm, it was one of my connections from the g major and my efx loop. the cable wasn't put together properly.

I swapped out every cable for a normal cable that i had lying around and found it. When i started playing, the input meters lit up fine and the volume was able to increase/decrease when altered.

:facepalm:

i was so worried for a moment! hahah

Archived