OT: i have a chance to eliminate 1/3 of my credit card debt. best strategy?

bluesboy

• Members

It was the last one, I forget which month...October?

Anyhoo, I bought the Nitrox. Mostly just to try it out.

Plus, it's a made in the USA and in Texas...a double win I'm thinking.

One of the volume pots was bad when I received it and Jeff at Diamond amps was more than generous about sending me a replacement pot to install.

So far I'm still playing with it, but it seems to sound as advertised. A definitely aggressive amp.

Cool. We should hook up. I'd love to hear that Nitrox. Some Houston guys will be coming over in June to have a Cobra/VH4 showdown through the Mills cabs I have on order. I'll PM you when we work out a date, if you are interested.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cool. We should hook up. I'd love to hear that Nitrox. Some Houston guys will be coming over in June to have a Cobra/VH4 showdown through the Mills cabs I have on order. I'll PM you when we work out a date, if you are interested.

YES!

Most certainly!

• Members

The CC co's changing the avail credit IS what happened that f'd my score as I was paying the cards off. What I did was pay one off, apply the overpayment amt plus the original amt I paid on the next card until it was done. Yes, the snowball method does work. My wife would be happy saying look no balance! Then we kept moving forward.

Credit was racked up during several things. Wife's mother was on SS and when she moved we had to buy furniture, odds ends. My wife used CC to supplement her mother's income. We knew it was short lived. Her brother is on disability and we also supplement his income so we move around getting those necessities on CC's. She worked extra and so did I to slowly pay off that debt over about 4 years.

Problem with score came for 2 reasons. Accts were closed and like you said, those avail credit amts on cards 5k-up were reduced to in some cases $500. The ones that did that crap we closed. Others like Discover and another Visa from our bank we left open. Currently maybe 100-150 on each card with avail credits of over 10k on both. Our Cpa said that is very good for our credit score. Our score did drop after the third year we were paying down balances since the avail credit was lowered as we payed them down. It was like they were penalizing us for doing the right thing.

It's all a game. Those who benefit are the ones who know how to play it. The most benefit of any money game comes from going to the absolute edge without falling over.

Archived