Quality Backing Tracks

maxkazar

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

This is the best way to create backing tracks but takes a bit of work on your part but results are betetr then any other way.

register at the fretsonfire forum and download all the official rock band and guitar hero song packs.

download audacity and the mp3 plugin and install them.

In each pack there is a folder for each song and a bunch of files but the ones you need are song.ogg rhythm.ogg and in newer packs drums.ogg.

open audacity and drag the 2or3 files on to the screen for two tracks drop each tracks level by 6db for three tracks drop each tracks level by 9db.

export as an mp3 and name as required once all tracks created to a batch normalise and I edit the info with tag&rename for import into whatever media player and get top quality backings in a selection of styles.

• Members

This is the best way to create backing tracks but takes a bit of work on your part but results are betetr then any other way.

register at the fretsonfire forum and download all the official rock band and guitar hero song packs.

download audacity and the mp3 plugin and install them.

In each pack there is a folder for each song and a bunch of files but the ones you need are song.ogg rhythm.ogg and in newer packs drums.ogg.

open audacity and drag the 2or3 files on to the screen for two tracks drop each tracks level by 6db for three tracks drop each tracks level by 9db.

export as an mp3 and name as required once all tracks created to a batch normalise and I edit the info with tag&rename for import into whatever media player and get top quality backings in a selection of styles.

Yep I made a few myself that arent in that thread, i might repost em later.

If u get the Moggs into audacity u can cut any tracks you want, kinda fun you can hear just the vocals or whatever karaoke style, depending on how the tracks are recorded.

Archived