Rebel 20 Head - Review and Sound Clip

wurstburst

• Members

I picked up an Egnater 20 Rebel Head on Friday. Got a good price at G Guitars in New Haven, CT. Nice shop - if you are in the CT area, you owe it to yourself to check them out - they have some really nice gear.

For some reason the wife was in a kindly mood, saying only "sounds like you got a good deal" bowdown.gif

The Rebel is pretty cool with a power knob to set wattage anywhere from 1 to 20 watts. Master volume, gain, treble, mid and bass. Bright switch and tight switch. Effects loop. Has 2 EL84 and 2 6v6 tubes. There's a knob to mix the tubes in whatever ratio you like. With an even mix, the amp gets a little louder, as both sets of tubes are contributing to the sound.

The amp has some real nice sounds in there and sounds particularly good with the master volume up high, so the power tubes get cooking. The wattage knob works pretty well, but even at 1 watt, if you crank the master and gain, you'll be generating some LOUD. AOK.gif

For this recording, I set the wattage all the way down (1 watt), and the gain about mid-way. Master volume set around 9 o'clock.

Used my Agile AL2900, bridge pickup. Pedals used for compression, a little reverb/delay and a touch of EQ. No distortion or overdrive pedals or any modulation pedals, so you can hear the amps real sound. For the first half of the song, the guitar's volume was down so you can hear how the amp cleans up with just the guitar knobs. I crank the guitar knob 1/2 way through the song to get the amp groovin. Played through my Avatar 2x12.

Lizard

rebel003.jpg

rebel005.jpg

Archived