Question about jcm800 purchase

The P-Man

• Members

I just scored a JCM 800 combo on ebay - the 4010 single channel model. The seller has a Vintage 30 speaker in it currently and says that arrangements can be made for him to ship the original speaker if required.

I would like the original speaker but, tbh, probably wouldn't exhange them if, as the seller says, the V30 sounds better.

Should I get him to ship the original as well - will it improve resale value if I decide the amp isn't for me?

thanks!

• Members

If I'm right the original speaker should be an G12-65. DEFINITELY get it. I never tried it but some people will say that that is the best rock speaker and it's quite popular and worth more than the V30. It may be that the guy likes V30 better, maybe even you will but get that speaker...

• Members

Thanks for the advice, I have asked for the original speaker to be included. That being said, judging by the very grainy and small image of the back of the amp the original speaker doesn't seem to be a G12-65.

Could anybody verify what speaker it is?

BTZ6O2kKGrHgoOKiwEjlLmE-RBKIUZ84Ohw.jpg

• Members

Thanks for the advice, I have asked for the original speaker to be included. That being said, judging by the very grainy and small image of the back of the amp the original speaker doesn't seem to be a G12-65.

Could anybody verify what speaker it is?

BTZ6O2kKGrHgoOKiwEjlLmE-RBKIUZ84Ohw.jpg

I don't have my glasses on but, it looks like it says "G12M 30"

• Members

:confused:

Isn't the 4010 a 50 watt amp? Why would the stock speaker only be 30 watts? 65, or 70 would make more sense.

Exactly, I read G12m 30, but figured it couldn't be due to the rating of the amp. I guess the best thing to do is ask the seller!!!:facepalm::lol:

• Members

Exactly, I read G12m 30, but figured it couldn't be due to the rating of the amp. I guess the best thing to do is ask the seller!!!
:facepalm::lol:

I mean I keep looking at it and it looks like it says G12M 30, which is weird to begin with because I don't know if there was a M30, just the H30 I thought

• Members

I also read 30. But as far as I know there is no G12M-30, plus the power handling thing. That speaker looks like a G12M-70 which Marshall was putting in some JCM 800 series amps/cabs. So I'd say it's a misleading picture and it actually says 70.

Archived