Help choosing an amp?

johnnysomersett

• Members

Hell all.

I currently have a couple of amps - Epiphone Triggerman head + cab and some weird Circle-Sound 100w solid state 1970's head & cab.

Ive just done a side by side comparison and the Triggerman really sounds quite pants in comparison to the 70's weirdo thing...nowhere near as clear & sharp.

NOW, the 70's weirdo I doubt will last long the amount I play it...and even less if I gig it. Being that its rare as rocking-horse-{censored} (absolutely ZERO on google), Id like to keep it for home use only to preserve it. SO, I'm in the market for a good gigging amp.

I currently use the following gear:

Fender Jazzmaster

Gretsch Jet

Danelectro '63 reissue

EH Double Muff

RAT

Mellotone Singing Tree fuzz

BBE Two-timer analogue delay

VOX distortion booster

Coloursound Tremolo

Malekko Spring Chicken

Im really into good vintage analogue stuff etc...and play a mix of indie, punk, heavy alternative, math-rock, surf & 60's garage....think: Mogwai, Hell is For Heroes, Colour of Fire, Toe, Sonic Youth, Sleater-Kinney, The Dirty Wurds, Dick Dale etc etc.

Generally I dont use an amps OD channel - just clean with pedals.

What are my best options? Budget maybe

• Members

Yeh, I'm definatly leaning towards fender stuff - though I used to be a marshall man 10 years ago.

The Deluxe Reverb looks promising - Ill have a look on youtube later...see if it's worth going into a shop for a test-drive.

Ampeg V4's are lovely...I had a real beat-up old one back in 97 I got for maybe 30 pounds ($55) !!! gave it away of all things :eek:

Any other suggestions? Id like it to be able to go good & loud without breaking up real early....as Ive got pedals to fuzz things up

Archived