ot: full metal jacket, there will be blood, and the good/bad/ugly

Rock_and_roll

• Members

Which is a shame, because I'm among the few who prefer the 2nd half to the 1st half.

+1

It helps if you were in the military to better understand the lingo they saying, but I liked the 2nd half before I even went into the Army. Great movie!!

• Members

Full Metal Jacket bitches!!

Now lemme see your war-face!

full-metal-jacket-sergeant.jpg

Today... is Christmas!

There will be a magic show at zero-nine-thirty! Chaplain Charlie will tell you about how the free world will conquer Communism with the aid of God and a few Marines! God has a hard-on for Marines because we kill everything we see! He plays His games, we play ours! To show our appreciation for so much power, we keep heaven packed with fresh souls! God was here before the Marine Corps! So you can give your heart to Jesus, but your ass belongs to the Corps! Do you ladies understand?

• Members

FMJ without a doubt. An absolute {censored}ing classic. Brutal, funny, and poignant. I like the entire movie, not just the beginning. In fact, although the beginning is funny, the best, most moving part of the movie is the end.

Next watch The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly. Eastwood at his best. I watch this movie EVERY damn time I see it on TV, which is probably about 4 times a year.

There Will Be Blood is a fantastic movie in it's own right, so make sure you watch it too. "I drink your milkshake!"

• Members

Which is a shame, because I'm among the few who prefer the 2nd half to the 1st half.

The whole thing is very worthwhile. Great dialogue that conveys a lot of situational emotion amongst a group that is currently being cleansed of that.

Kubrick was good like that.

Archived