The STIG revealed!!! BLIMEY

satannica

• Members

Its not Schumacher, he's way too busy. He still works for Ferrari F1 as well as running numerous projects around the world, plus his own huge development in Dubai.

It was a publicity stunt, I cant believe how many people are buying into it :facepalm:

• Members

LOL. I know it was a publicity stunt lol!!!

I heard it was actually an American Touring car driver to start with.

You can tell they are different now simply due to the lines they take along the track.

I call bull{censored}. There is no way you can distinguish drivers based on their lines from the short edited/cut clips they show on Top Gear. There is only one proper line around a track for a certain car alone on track. Good drivers would have VERY similar lines. The variation would be much less than you could see by watching.

• Members

I call bull{censored}. There is no way you can distinguish drivers based on their lines from the short edited/cut clips they show on Top Gear. There is only one proper line around a track for a certain car alone on track. Good drivers would have VERY similar lines. The variation would be much less than you could see by watching.

Don't tell Harry Gant that.

• Members

Nope you're right! It's absolutely impossible for anybody to have a clue about something you evidently don't. I apologise humbly for your apparent inadequacy.

Twat!

• Members

Theres a huge difference in driving style just in one sport, you could EASILY tell drivers like Hamilton, Alonso and Button apart just from their style, so across different types of racing its more than possible.

I like it when people try to sound intelligent because its cool to know lots about something but end up failing.

• Members

Sorry, but i likely know a lot more about driving than most of you. I actually own a race car :p I'm an engineer and I've studied vehicle dynamics quite a bit. Infact, I was just a global recession short of being a test drive engineer for Bosch working on ESP systems. After a long interview process (90% vehicle dynamics) they gave me a verbal offer, but the company went on a hiring freeze in late '08 and couldnt get me approved.

Sorry, you can't tell the difference between stigs by the short clips and cuts they show on Top Gear. I do not buy it.

Yes, Alonso for example is very ham fisted compared to Hamilton.. but i'd give you $500 if you could tell who was driving from the stands if they were in the same cars. You might be able to tell in the rain though...

• Members

CATS: You are on the way to destruction.
Captain: What you say !!
CATS: You have no chance to survive make your time.
CATS: Ha ha ha ha....
Operator: Captain !! *
Captain: Take off every 'STIG'!!
Captain: You know what you doing.
Captain: Move 'STIG'.
Captain: For great justice.

Archived