effects loop switching

pencho

• Members

I can't seem to get a loop switcher to work on my effects loop. I have a mesa express and the manual says its an in series effects loop (I think most amps are parralel loops?)

I have a loopmaster dual loop strip I use with my od'soost on loop1 and modulation pedals on loop2. It has a bypass switch to go straight thru to the amp. I want to move the modulation effects on loop2 to the amp effects loop.

I want the capability to hit a single switch to engage multiple pedals on the effects loop. I tried running the pedals through the effects loop on the amp and through loop2 on the loopmaster so I could have a few of them on and just kick on the loop2 switch on the loopmaster to engage multiple effects. With this setup, the only way I get any output is if I engage loop2. If I run thru the bypass or turn loop 2 off, I get no output. I'm going amp send>pedal input>pedal output(5 pedals in the chain)>loopmaster receive>loopmaster send>amp return My OD's are still on loop 1.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong or another way to accomplish this would be great. I'm wondering if because I have an in series effects loop, I can't accomplish this because I break the path if I disable or bypass loop2.

Archived