Superior 2.0 Users!

DeadNight Warrior

• Members

Thanks, mate !

I never tried the 16-bit, but I did use the cached mode.

Would the 16-bit result in a noticeable sound difference?

I actually have 6GB of RAM, but since I only have WinXP32, only 3GB is recognized and only 2GB is allowed for applications (if I recall correctly). When I built the PC I was aware of it, I thought, who knows maybe one day I want a 64bit OS, and the RAM sticks with 2GB where not that much more than the 1GB sticks ....

Give it a try and see if you notice a difference. :idk: I haven't experimented much with 16-bit as I haven't really had a need to use it myself.

EDIT: Even if you run at 16-bit, bouncing down to wavs will give you the full quality 24-bit audio.

• Members

Give it a try and see if you notice a difference.
:idk:
I haven't experimented much with 16-bit as I haven't really had a need to use it myself.

EDIT: Even if you run at 16-bit, bouncing down to wavs will give you the full quality 24-bit audio.

Oh?

I didn't know that. So, either way, when I use 16-bit or limited layers and all that, that does NOT affect the mixdown if I export an mp3 (bounce)?

Man, I'm such a noob:facepalm:

• Members

Oh?

I didn't know that. So, either way, when I use 16-bit or limited layers and all that, that does NOT affect the mixdown if I export an mp3 (bounce)?

Man, I'm such a noob:facepalm:

If you do an export in your DAW, it will come out however you have S2.0 set. If you do a bounce to wav files using S2.0's bounce feature, it will render it in full quality with all the bleeds and such. I believe a recent-ish update to the software means you can also now select if your bleed settings are kept when you bounce down, as well as the FX being bounceable too now. I still haven't updated mine though, coz I'm waiting til I'm done on this project thing before I try install the new version.

• Members

If you do an export in your DAW, it will come out however you have S2.0 set. If you do a bounce to wav files using S2.0's bounce feature, it will render it in full quality with all the bleeds and such. I believe a recent-ish update to the software means you can also now select if your bleed settings are kept when you bounce down, as well as the FX being bounceable too now. I still haven't updated mine though, coz I'm waiting til I'm done on this project thing before I try install the new version.

Oh, ok, I'm starting to understand. In this case I would bounce it into a WAV straight into my DAW into either one track or multi track.

As you can tell, I so need to spend more time with all my recording software ....

Thank you for your help! I appreciate it!

• Members

Use yer fecking ambient mics!

A little clip from a song in a piece of {censored} project I recorded for someone else. Just the drums coz I don't really wanna put their {censored} up before it's released... but I did all the drums, so they can get {censored}ed on that.

First pass is no amb mics at all, just close mics. Second pass, parts of the close, mid, and far ambient mics come on. Only thing with no amb at all is the kick drum. Makes a huge feckin' difference to the whole kit sound.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7891782

I'm sick of hearing sweet ass clips all over the internet using S2.0, but the drums sound dry as {censored} and completely out of place with the rest of the mix.
:mad:

Welcome to the light :p

The room sounds on DFH are great....not the sweetest i've heard but great for the snare. Its all about the room sound!

Also the the mono room mic is quite cool if you gate it then comp it to hell.

As Bruce Swedien said:

"In my mixes, it

• Members

On EZ drummer I keep the room mic's up sometimes but it depends. I like the bass drum a little more dry. Makes it sound more metal. But if it wasn't metal I wouldn't want it so dry. I like the toms a little more dry too.

• Members

On EZ drummer I keep the room mic's up sometimes but it depends. I like the bass drum a little more dry. Makes it sound more metal. But if it wasn't metal I wouldn't want it so dry. I like the toms a little more dry too.

Step up to S2.0 and have full control over your bleeds, EZ-bitch! :mad:

As I said above, none of those room mic channels have any kick in them. The kick is only coming from the three kick channels and the OH (with the OHs being high-passed to {censored}). The flexibility in S2.0 gives me a hard-on that you could build a sturdy bridge out of. :love:

• Members

DeadNight, I played around with the AMB mic's some last night, and definitely could tell a difference...though i didn't change the levels, it almost sounded like it made my drum track quieter in places...I need to mess with the comp settings. Regardless, I appreciate the advice, i have a feeling this will help my mixes come more to life.

Question, do you use reverb on your drum track at all? Just the snare? The whole kit? just curious :)

Thanks again, will check the file in the OP :thu:

• Members

DeadNight, I played around with the AMB mic's some last night, and definitely could tell a difference...though i didn't change the levels, it almost sounded like it made my drum track quieter in places...I need to mess with the comp settings. Regardless, I appreciate the advice, i have a feeling this will help my mixes come more to life.

Question, do you use reverb on your drum track at all? Just the snare? The whole kit? just curious
:)

Thanks again, will check the file in the OP
:thu:

There was no reverb on that clip, and I rarely ever use it on drums these days. In fact I don't think I've put any reverb on anything I've done with S2.0 yet. The only time I think I'd do it really is if say I had something where I wanted a huge reverb for a particular part on the snare, or something like that. Something particularly unnatural for a specific effect I guess, rather than just a nice big sound.

• Members

Step up to S2.0 and have full control over your bleeds, EZ-bitch!
:mad:

As I said above, none of those room mic channels have any kick in them. The kick is only coming from the three kick channels and the OH (with the OHs being high-passed to {censored}). The flexibility in S2.0 gives me a hard-on that you could build a sturdy bridge out of.
:love:

I just got ez drummer not long ago and then a midi controller. I program some and do some manually. Really the only reason I don't want to upgrade is because I get it exactly like I want it with ez drummer. I probably wouldn't use half the {censored} on s2.0

Archived