Is the Marshall 1936 2x12 a good cab?

Peekaboo Fuzzy

• Members

People often slate marshall cabs just because they've been an industry standard for so long.

The 1936 is a fine cab, well built and solid sounding. I've had two of them one loaded with 75's the other loaded with v30's, i actually prefered the 75 loaded one. For the money theres really not much out there thats better, i think the Orange and Mesa 2x12's are better but you're looking at them being considerably more expensive over here.

Maybe worth considering the blackstar artisan 2x12 and the new orange 2x12 with the open back, that would probably be better for low volumes.

My main cab is a 76' marshall 4x12, so I don't think I'm slating it because of the name.

The avatar is a much better cab and cheaper.

• Members

My main cab is a 76' marshall 4x12, so I don't think I'm slating it because of the name.

The avatar is a much better cab and cheaper.

For low wattage situations, an avatar cab with G12H30 and a V30 would sound very nice, and be cheaper brand new than almost any brand-name cab used. You can make it any color tolex and have many choices of grillcloth. Not to mention, you can specify closed or open back. It's really a win, win, win situation.

I wish avatar would load guitar cabs with eminence speakers at a slightly discounted price. If they did, I'd be ordering a 4x12 to set my new Triple Recto on.

Archived