Any GSP1101 lovers?

The Anomaly

• Members

Seems like just about all the reviews are glowing, and most of the users are saying the same thing, realistic models, 3D sound, easy to use, lack of digital fizz, etc.

I just went in-ear (again) this past weekend, and I have several weddings coming up, so, I'm ditching the amp idea for at least those gigs if not more.

Short of an Axe FX (can't afford/don't want) this seems like it's better than the other modeling offerings out there.

Any input?

• Members

I had one for a short time and it was a step in the right direction from the Line 6 series kinda POD/Modelling. I think the poweramp you use will affect the tone alot (I used both SS and tube)

I liked it, the tones were solid, yes it still had some 'digitalness' in the tones but it was warmer than many digital preamps or amps. The ease of use was pretty straight foward, the LCD/main menu had a push/pull that could get you into any editing needed..

Its A good unit, but i am going to try the Vox tonelab series this week and do a comparison of the 2, i have a feeling im going to like the newer vox a lil more after trying the newer amps

:idk:

• Members

Seems like just about all the reviews are glowing, and most of the users are saying the same thing, realistic models, 3D sound, easy to use, lack of digital fizz, etc.

I just went in-ear (again) this past weekend, and I have several weddings coming up, so, I'm ditching the amp idea for at least those gigs if not more.

Short of an Axe FX (can't afford/don't want) this seems like it's better than the other modeling offerings out there.

Any input?

They are OK, I don't think they are much better than other modelers.

• Members

I have been using one for a few months now and it works pretty well. I am not completely happy with it. I wish it could get a bit more gain without adding the pedals sometimes. A few amps I have owned are modeled and they are pretty accurate except fopr the amount of gain. It works well. The FX section is basic but useable.

I really want an Axe FX.

• Members

Not real to compare AFX given its price, to a GSP1101 or Pod.

FWIW, my bandmate has the GSP and it sounds pretty damn good through his normal rig or the PA rig we have. He downloaded their beta ware v 48 which fixed the amp model gain. He bought his after hearing my AFX. He found his on CL for $320 with the control board.

• Members

I'm digging mine, it's all I'd ever need for a processor. Good effects and amp models, easy to use and great live.

Most people seem to think it's the best out there beside the AxeFX at 1/4 of it's price.

Some of the pitch shifters could be better, you can't have modulation effects with pitch shifting, and I wish it had the arpeggiator the old ValveFX had for keyboard sounds.

• Members

Effects/routing is way basic compared to the Axe but the amp sims are great. I ran mine into the effects send of my blackstar HT-5 head and it sounded very good.

As mentioned above the pitch shifting is pretty mediocre but I plan on buying an EHX POG 2 soon to do the 12 string and organ sounds.

FWIW I use mine for recording only. When I get back to playing live I'm sure I'll just use an amp and a couple pedals. Where I live, I can't really have an amp loud enough to mic it nicely.

• Members

Yeah, I plan on using it for some/most gigs as a direct rig for my in-ears. I used my amp this past weekend, I have my stage volume pretty low, so, I couldn't even tell that I had an amp on stage with me, and it's just not necessary anymore for what I do.

• Members

I've been pretty pleased with mine and have used in with a Mesa 50/50 and it sounded pretty good. I am however, a simpleton and am a reverb, chorus, delay kinda of guy and that's it. So I've been kicking around the idea of going back to pedals or maybe the Nova system. Anomaly, I pm'd you.

• Members

I'm very tempted to get one, but I need to find out how much I'll need to spend on a decent ss poweramp first, can't find anything with a 1/4" out.

Well, there are plenty:

Marshall 8008 (used)

Mosvalve 962 (used)

Carvin DCM150 (new or used)

Rocktron Velocity series (new or used, old ones are claimed to be better)

All have 1/4" outs

• Members

Yeah I know those, but I live in Europe, the only one I can find is the rocktron and its the newer model. Sucks that no other manufacturers make SS poweramps for instruments anymore. Everything else I can find = extremely expensive high end tube poweramps. Going for a rack system couldn't be any more discouraging. :p

I don't understand the fascination with tube poweramps, hasn't any manufacturer looked at the insane amount of both tube and modeling rack pre's on the market and the severe lack of transparent, inexpensive mosfet poweramps? Any company that jumps on the idea is going to sell like hotcakes.

• Members

Not sure you'll want a Tube power amp. If you use a modeling system it models pre and power stages. SS amps have a wider range (for PA)

My 50-50 amp was too colored with the AFX and worse on my bud's GSP1101. We found some QSC amps that work better.

• Members

Just started using one in my rack for effects and as a backup preamp. I'm running it with a Triaxis and into a Mesa 2:90. Only one gig under it's belt right now and I haven't really dialled in the effects to my liking yet, but it's got great potential.

Definitely want to update to the latest firmware from http://www.mustbebeta.com/Gsp1101_Users.html. I even created a custom image of my band's logo for the startup screen!

• 1 month later...

Archived