JVM + Greenbacks? Fuel my Gas

RiffDaemon

• Members

So I've got a gig coming up in the near future that's going to put some coin in my pocket :love: That said, I think it's time for a speaker change in my 1960A - I've never speaker-swapped and, dammit, I think it's time. I play a lot of classic rock and 80's hard rock with my coverband, and I've been thinking that Greenbacks might be best for our gigs instead of the 75's (I like the idea of a 100W cab instead of 300W)

So, would a 4x12 with Greenbacks go well with my JVM? I'm horribly curious and might pull the trigger on some Green Berets soon.

Testimonials and clips appreciated :idea:

Thankies :wave:

• Members

1. Sell the 1960

2. Buy an Avatar "vintage" 412 w/Greenbacks

4. Profit.

That will likely cost you less or as much as getting 4 new speakers while giving you a "better" cab. Marshalls are supposed to have greenbacks. Period.

• Members

1. Sell the 1960

2. Buy an Avatar "vintage" 412 w/Greenbacks

4. Profit.

That will likely cost you less or as much as getting 4 new speakers while giving you a "better" cab. Marshalls are supposed to have greenbacks. Period.

I do like the sound of the 75's and would most likely keep them around for other applications. That said, $600 for a 4x12 with greenies is a nice sounding idea. I might just buy that outright, have two cabs, and be done with it. Yay versatility :love:

• Members

If going to GBs from 75s is anything like my change to GBs from V30s, then be prepared for more bite in your toanes, probably from the earlier speaker breakup, which lends itself a lot to mid gain toanes.

Your presence knob will probably go to places it's not used to.

Archived