Tips for recording acoustic music

jlc1587

• Members
Hang on, let me figure this out. You're adding all your effects directly onto the individual wav files? You appear to be missing out on one of the biggest features of multitrack DAWs here....
:facepalm:

Add your effects to a track by right clicking the effects bin (the little grey box on each track) and then you can edit the effect as much as you want, in realtime, without ever having to apply it permanently. You can see the fx bins along the left of centre here:

1204910853_250_238_250_238.28125_0_0_80_

Hope that helps!

Yes I have done that too. But it still brings it up in the same sort of panel and won't let me edit it while playing. Maybe I don't have something set right.

• Members

Okay never mind. When adding it to the bin I was checking the fx box but for some reason that turns them off. When I uncheck it, it turns them on. Thanks man.

Aha, turned out to be a whole lot less complex in the end. I hate when little things like that mess everything up.

• Members

Yeah, see I just started doing it like this. I was using a program with all my effects in it and not the sonar effects. And all of that came before recording. Like using a multi fx unit. I've been doing that for years.

But now I'm getting into using the fx that are on sonar.

Archived