problems with mic.

jlc1587

• Members

I finally got home today to start all the recording stuff I learned from here last night. Anyway, Didn't have this issue before. But with this M-audio my mic is ONLY going through the left side. When it records. And when I hit play back it only plays through the left speakers. EVEN when I pan it all the way to the right.

I exited the recording program and played a song in windows media player from a random band and the m-audio is playing it on both sides. So it's not my speakers. And the m-audio is playing songs on both sets of speakers. BUT not when I record.

I went into the settings and everything is the way it's supposed to be. What is happening here?

I want it to record on both sides. And if it can't do that then I atleast want play back on both sides. It is panned to the middle.

• Members

What mic is it? Since, ya know, most mics are mono.

Yeah I know a mic is mono. But a mono mic should still record on both sides. But I actually fixed it.

Since I've never used the m-audio before I didn't know I had to change the settings. It was set to record BOTH the left and right mic pre amps and one go to each speaker. And I only got one mic plugged in on the left side.

So I selected the left side only and now it's bringing that left input through both speakers! Thank god. Sorry I was such a douche there. But I've never had to do that before.

• Members

Okay another question. How do I avoid having to do this everytime? I'm having to set only the left input on my m audio box EVERYTIME I record a new track. that's a hassle.

Is there anyway to set it to default record only the left input?

Archived