Best DJ Software For MAC

redcard

• Members

Hello Everyone,

I'm an experienced Blues/Funk/Rock Guitarist interested in experimenting with a DJ Software. I besides Blues, Funk and Rock I love House & Deep House Electronic music.. I want to learn how to spin records, but before I spend a fortune on DJ Equipment, I want to learn the basics with a DJ Program.

Is there one that some people recommend over the others?

Let me know.

Thanks,

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

Hello Everyone,

I'm an experienced Blues/Funk/Rock Guitarist interested in experimenting with a DJ Software. I besides Blues, Funk and Rock I love House & Deep House Electronic music.. I want to learn how to spin records, but before I spend a fortune on DJ Equipment, I want to learn the basics with a DJ Program.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Virtual DJ has a free demo, but only for PC (it has a Mac version, but you'd have to get it "elsewhere" if you wanted to try it -- amazingly there's no Mac demo).

Some people deride Virtual DJ, and it seems to have the same reputation as FL Studio in regards to how "professional" a tool it is, but you can certainly get the idea behind beat matching and the like while using it.

• Members

Hello Everyone,

Let me know.

Thanks,

Reading this again, are you specifically wanting to work in vinyl? Just asking, since many house djs seem to be heavily moving towards CDJ spinning at the least, plus more and more going to "laptop" systems and avoiding vinyl formats.

• Members

I run with:

- Serato Scratch Live and Video SL Plug-in

- Virtual DJ

Both of the above are great programs.

My advice to you, at this point, download some of these programs and give them a try before you buy. What may work well for you may not work well for someone else. There are many programs out there, but as pointed out above, Serato Scratch Live is the "club" standard.

If you do decide to pick up the work and fun as a Disc Jockey, what type of events do you see yourself DJing for?

Archived