Awkward amp situation

LR Weizel

• Members

At the moment I have two amps in use, a ZT Lunchbox and an AD30VT. Thing is, I prefer playing through the Lunchbox more than the AD30VT, it sounds better at lower volumes. The AD30VT sounds decent at higher volumes, but it kind of defeats the point and the Lunchbox probably goes a bit louder anyway.

The only problem with the Lunchbox is it's relative lack of low end, which is great if you're jamming with a bassist, but not so great if you aren't, and lack of proper in built reverb. I have a pedal for Reverb, but I have limited space and make a mess of wires so often prefer to play without anything in the effects loop.

I was thinking of selling the AD30VT maybe and picking up a decent modeler like the new Tonelab ST. I find modelers handy because of the built in effects and multiple different models, it makes it really easy to lay down quick ideas.

Or maybe just getting a decent cheap 10" SS Bass amp that has reverb built in for running pedals through. Ideally I'd like to be able to have an efficient speaker and be able to go up against a drummer, but I guess I can mic up or split the signal to the Lunchbox.

It'd be great if there was such a thing as a Cab with reverb built in.

Archived