Should I get an AC4 or similar?

LR Weizel

• Members

Currently I have an AD30VT as my "Main" amp and a Lunchbox as my super portable amp. Things is, I barely use the AD30VT now I have the Lunchbox. It seems silly to keep it around, I may as well get another amp that I'll actually have fun with.

I want something to take pedals well. I'll be using various fuzz pedals and a Dirty Bomb. The one thing the Lunchbox doesn't do that well is low end, so I would like something that's capable of quite a bit of low end. I'd nearly get the 8 inch version of the AC4 if it wasn't for that. I guess I could get the 8 inch version and a bass cab or something, but that's going to get awkward. I want to try and avoid using too many plugs.

Ideally though I'd like to be able to hijack the cabinet and use it with the Lunchbox. For example I could use it to add a bit of low end live, it might have a less "Boxy" sound for bedroom jamming too, the Lunchbox's voicing is perfect for sitting in a mix but as a standalone it is nice to have a cab for it. I don't know if it's possible to do that with an AC4. It looks like you can do it with the Orange AD5, which may also be an option as there's a place selling them cheap, but that has no in built attenuator.

If there's anything like that I could get on the cheap with reverb, it'd be perfect.

Archived