Did a gig with amp sims last night

mparsons

• Members

Show went great :) Load in consisted of me carrying my backpack and two guitar cases into the venue. Set up was turning the laptop in, plugging in the Fireface, and giving the soundman four cables ( Orchestra right/left, guitar 1, guitar 2 ).

It sounded awesome. Our entire band mix was very clear and tight from what I remembered and from what people have told me. Our monitor mix was a little lackluster, but that's probably our fault for not having a better idea of what we needed. Stage volume was really low and the PA was cranking.

Volume/tone automation is so cool. Without any input on my/other guitarists part, right when a clean part or solo would happen, our tone would automatically shift to be optimized, with effects following in time with the music... Makes me want to run the vocal mic into the computer as well for some better control of verb/delay/compression/etc.

The sound guy seemed to really enjoy it as well as the crowd. My back and ears are definitely very happy about it as well. And the tone was good too.

The only thing that sucks? Untangling 6 20' cables the day after :lol:

Archived