Think I'm done with Veteran 30s.

willy22

• Members

I put a quad of Veteran 30s in my Bogner cab a little over a year ago. These aren't bad speakers by any stretch, and I don't want to mislead anyone. I just want to share my experience. They were awesome right out of the box as they weren't as spikey in the highs/high-mids as V30s can be. I bought an Avatar 2x12 about 7 months ago, and now that the Celestions are broken in, the Avatar 2x12 completely cuts through and dominates the 4x12. Looks like I'm going back to Celestion and never looking back.

• Members

I put a quad of Veteran 30s in my Bogner cab a little over a year ago. These aren't bad speakers by any stretch, and I don't want to mislead anyone. I just want to share my experience. They were awesome right out of the box as they weren't as spikey in the highs/high-mids as V30s can be. I bought an Avatar 2x12 about 7 months ago, and now that the Celestions are broken in, the Avatar 2x12 completely cuts through and dominates the 4x12. Looks like I'm going back to Celestion and never looking back.

I switched to Vet30s a while ago and recently put V30s back in a cab and was floored by how much better they cut than Vet30s. Admittedly, the V30s sound a little harsher, but with a little volume behind them, they sounded better to me than the Vets. The Vets seem just a bit to soft in comparison. I do like the Vets a little more on a clean channel, but the V30s just sounded better to me once I start using any gain at all. I'm waiting to get back a pair of Retro 30s I loaned to someone and see what I think of all 3 side by side, but I've got to say, I think I've come full circle and will be going back to Celestion after a year or so with WGS.

Archived