singer dropped my amp, quick question

Casey

• Members

everything seems ok. The only thing that broke was the black plastic protective covering found at the bottom center of the rectifier tube. A little black piece that juts out in the center of the pins. the pointy glass part is slightly exposed. Am i ok to play it like this until i can find a solid-state plug in (wanted to get one anyways)?

• Members

Do you mean the key on the tube that makes sure you get it plugged into the socket correctly? If so, just be sure you get the tube in the socket correct and you should be OK.

BTW, tell your singer to get a microphone and quit trying to sing through the speaker on your amp. :poke:

• Members
everything seems ok. The only thing that broke was the black plastic protective covering found at the bottom center of the rectifier tube. A little black piece that juts out in the center of the pins. the pointy glass part is slightly exposed. Am i ok to play it like this until i can find a solid-state plug in (wanted to get one anyways)?

It should be fine, just make sure you orient the tube correctly when installing it; the guide pin kept the tube from being inserted improperly.

Also, you must physically harm said singer nao! :cop:

• Members
Meant to say I DON'T want sag at all. unwanted compression is quite annoying. I'm not doubting, but i don't understand why it was ever desirable. Are the webers going to cause any sag?

Webers are made to emulate a tube rectifier so it sounds like they are not what you are looking for.

FWIW, I :love: sag. My favorite amps all have tube rectifiers.

• Members

Meant to say I DON'T want sag at all. unwanted compression is quite annoying. I'm not doubting, but i don't understand why it was ever desirable. Are the webers going to cause any sag?

Inside is SS components so I would say it would be the best you could do just replacing the tube.

BTW ... That is a pretty cool amp

• Members

lol what is gape? a2m=ass to mouth? lol

as far as sag, I read a long time ago that it's when you require more power (Say hit a chord realllly hard or a boost in volume) and the tube rec has a hard time catching up, you get what sounds like a natural compression, and I really just want a typical diode plug or whatever it is i need for faster attack/response.

@buster: I've got a clip floating around on teh yoot00bz somewhere demoing the gain-ier settings of the amp.

Archived