6L6 suggestions for my "new" VTM-60.

Hotcakes

• Members

tad6l6gc.jpg

Those, or...

SED =C='s

Before I heard JerryP highly praising the TADs(When it comes to Peaveys, I take this mans word over anyone elses) I would of never given em the chance. I had Ruby 6L6GCMSTRs in my 5150 before that, and with the TADs I noticed a nice added bit of overall low end girth and punch. More crisp and defined high end too. Very well rounded tube, and at $20 a pop...they are pretty cheap. The SEDs are great tubes too, one of the best out there, but they're closer to $30 a tube.

So far, I like the TADs much more in my peaveys than JJ or RUBY. Haven't tried the SEDs in my 5150 just yet, but I did have them in my valveking which really turned a {censored} amp into something passable.

• Members
tad6l6gc.jpg

Those, or...

SED =C='s

Before I heard JerryP highly praising the TADs(When it comes to Peaveys, I take this mans word over anyone elses) I would of never given em the chance. I had Ruby 6L6GCMSTRs in my 5150 before that, and with the TADs I noticed a nice added bit of overall low end girth and punch. More crisp and defined high end too. Very well rounded tube, and at $20 a pop...they are pretty cheap. The SEDs are great tubes too, one of the best out there, but they're closer to $30 a tube.

So far, I like the TADs much more in my peaveys than JJ or RUBY. Haven't tried the SEDs in my 5150 just yet, but I did have them in my valveking which really turned a {censored} amp into something passable.

I have wondered about those My Triple Recto came with those, and I wondered how they fared against other tubes. I was hoping they were OK, because I didnt want to have to buy new ones! lol.

I gotta get some preamp tubes though.

Archived