STP 2009 Tour

J.L.C.

• Members

Saw Stone Temple Pilots last night....

Great show!

Weiland's voice was right on the money, I think he actually sounded better live than recorded. The DeLeo brothers were tight and sounded huge; Dean had a different guitar for every song and dealt out some awesome solos. Rob on bass was the most fun to watch, he's got a cool stage presence.

My only gripes are that Weiland didn't really interact with the crowd at all. He sang his ass off but only spoke a couple of words between a couple songs. The show was also really short, just shy of an hour and a half. But, it was a dense hour and a half.

It was good too see them (especially Weiland) still alive and kicking ass!

I also got to test out some musician's earplugs I just got. They are VERY worthwhile for anyone considering it. Everything sounded just as clear, even symbols and vocals through the bull-horn - just quieter. I'll be using them for practice and any shows I see in the future.

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0781.jpg

IMG_0794.jpg

• Members
I "HEARD" Dean had some VHT "HEADS" on stage from somebody at Rigtalk.

This source was an STP fanboy who knew the difference between the VHT 2100 power amps and black VHT heads in head boxes.

Can anybody elaborate on this AT ALL??

I saw the VHT power amps, but couldn't squint out what heads he was running :(

• Members

Did you go to the London show at the JLC?

My bandmate met up with one of his old friends who had an extra ticket and asked if he wanted to go, but he turned it down. hahaha.

I don't blame him. Saw the Pilots last July, pretty boring show to be honest.

• Members

Did you go to the London show at the JLC?

My bandmate met up with one of his old friends who had an extra ticket and asked if he wanted to go, but he turned it down. hahaha.

I don't blame him. Saw the Pilots last July, pretty boring show to be honest.

Yep it was the JLC show.

It would definitely have been worth a free ticket!

The music was great, it was only Weiland's disengagement that was kind of weird - maybe the result of sobriety (or non-sobriety)??

Archived