OT: Help with my recording

Derelict

• Members

So last night I got my Alesis Multimix 8 USB from chad_sux. Great transaction :thu:.

I recorded a quick riff to see how much better this would be and it was great. The latency was low and the audio quality was a lot higher. So this morning I got up excited that I had a whole day to mess around and now the quality is {censored}.

I'm using ASIO4ALL in Reaper. The output is my computer speakers and that works fine but as soon as I activate the USB input even if I'm not recording just having it plugged in horribly degrades the sound.

I didn't have this problem last night.

Thoughts?

• Members

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=919621&songID=8399595

I didn't want to start two threads in one day so here's my tone test from last night. The beeping is from a usb driver that I tried to use but didn't work before ASIO4ALL and it just stayed even after I uninstalled it.

I think I might have too much bass in it (I double tracked the bass).

I don't have monitors this was mixed on computer speakers with a sub woofer.

Can I get some feedback on it?

The problem does persist though.

• Members

How would I go about doing this?

Right click on your My Computer icon and go to properties.

When the box pops up go to the Hardware tab.

At the top click on Device Manager.

Go to Sound controllers in the list and click the + to expand the list. It may say Sound, Video and Game controllers.

Find your regular device and right click on it and go to disable.

Make sure that you plug your speakers into your USB unit now as it will be acting as both your input and output at this point.

I've seen a lot of people hav issues while trying to run 2 sound devices at once.

If you aren;t sure which one you should be disabling post what you have in your list and I'll tell you which to disable.

Good luck!

• Members

Right click on your
My Computer
icon and go to
properties

When the box pops up go to the
Hardware
tab.

At the top click on
Device Manager

Go to
Sound controllers
in the list and click the + to expand the list. It may say
Sound, Video and Game controllers

Find your regular device and right click on it and go to
disable

Make sure that you plug your speakers into your USB unit now as it will be acting as both your input and output at this point.

I've seen a lot of people hav issues while trying to run 2 sound devices at once.

If you aren;t sure which one you should be disabling post what you have in your list and I'll tell you which to disable.

Good luck!

I've got High Definition Audio Device, SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC, and USB Audio CODED which is the inerface I believe.

I think SigmaTel is the one I need to disable but first I've got to go buy a 1/8'" to 1/4" adapter but everything's closed today so I'll go tomorrow.

Archived