• Members

I just did this today please wait for the hook I think it builds. I don't know

Lyrics

I wandered from a battfield with such regets

I wanted to to detest what I had to do

It's me or him had a family what I could I do

I saw this Lad that was missing a girl friend

He wanted to write home

I made it out. Writing in a special way.

It can't be sold in anyway that comfortable

Now I fear I must share the truth hard to endear

How do you know oh oh

Must be a simple man that can not understand

he takes this final stand

cuz really can

cuz really can

cuz really can

SC

http://soundcloud.com/mahuska/a-soldier-song

• Members

Hey man

This has some good bits..... vocally you seemed to really find your groove AND voice in that end section .... almost going a little bowie-esque

If you could somehow get yourself into that place for the whole song it would be a big improvement

I like it as an idea

If possible... could you take a bit more time writing your lyrics on here, a lot of mistakes made it hard to follow ;)

• Members

Hey man

This has some good bits..... vocally you seemed to really find your groove AND voice in that end section .... almost going a little bowie-esque

If you could somehow get yourself into that place for the whole song it would be a big improvement

I like it as an idea

If possible... could you take a bit more time writing your lyrics on here, a lot of mistakes made it hard to follow
;)

Thanks. Would you believe I lost a screw from my reading glasses. For a quick used tape. I'll correct them today many typos.

I wrote this rather quickly and will work on the song's development

• Members

I agree with Stick. It has some interesting melodic elements. And the story seems to mean something, I'm just not sure what that is, partly because of the typos but partly because of the lyric itself.

For instance, you wrote: "Now I fear I must share the truth hard to endear." Did you mean hard to endure, as in hard to take, hard to deal with? Because what you've written isn't grammatical, which is okay, but it seems to mean the truth is "hard to influence someone to love you."

Do you write the music and lyric together, while playing guitar chords? Do you ever sit and write out the lyric at some point, by itself, and make notes and changes? How do you work?

LCK

• Members

Stick nailed it. Figure out a way to stay in that Bowie-style place (not necessarily that musical or melodic spot, but the delivery) and you'd be on to something. The electric bits are damn cool.

FWIW, whenever I find myself asking people to wait for the hook, I know the song isn't done. While I don't agree that you need to get in and get out in 2:00 laying down hook after hook, you still need the song itself to compell the listener to stick around. Anything short of that is unacceptable.

• Members

Thanks a lot you guys. I value your input. LCK I usually just play and jot down song ideas, some sort of lyric or meaning. I went back and forth with "endear and endure, honestly lost in the moment as recording in Computer Daw has it pitfalls, I messed up. I didn't want to lose it as I can't read Music and use my ears. Not but only a few songs were "developed" from the lyrics first. It would really be cool and help me to have another person/musician

while this occurs, but I don't have that. I use this forum as an alternative to grow as I really want too.

Oswlek I too will take your suggestions and will try and employ them this weekend.

I am sorry that I may share songs or ideas in such a primitive way. Thanks for your patience.

• Members

Thanks a lot you guys. I value your input. LCK I usually just play and jot down song ideas, some sort of lyric or meaning. I went back and forth with "endear and endure, honestly lost in the moment as recording in Computer Daw has it pitfalls, I messed up. I didn't want to lose it as I can't read Music and use my ears. Not but only a few songs were "developed" from the lyrics first. It would really be cool and help me to have another person/musician

while this occurs, but I don't have that. I use this forum as an alternative to grow as I really want too.

Oswlek I too will take your suggestions and will try and employ them this weekend.

I am sorry that I may share songs or ideas in such a primitive way
. Thanks for your patience.

Woah! Don't be sorry, that is what this forum is for!

If I gave you the impression that was wrong, I apologize. :cop:

Archived