Pioneer crossfader with denon hc4500 problem

DikkePik

• Members

Hi there,

I got a Denon-hc4500 wich i run thru a Pioneer DJM-700 into channel 1 - 2.

Since the denon has 2 channels i'd say i'd could use the crossfader on the pioneer.

But this doesn't have any effect.

can someone help me out ?

I use virtual DJ btw.

• Members

You probably need to describe your problem and how you have your equipment set up a little bit more clearly. Without a good idea of what your signal chain looks like it's hard to suggest where the problem might be. So please describe your entire setup from the cd deck to the speakers and everything in between.

Can you get an audio signal to come from the mixer at all? Are the individual channel faders as ineffective as the crossfader?Are you playing audio cd's through the Denon, or are you using it as an interface with a PC? Are you sure you have the crossfader assignments set up correctly on your mixer?

• Members

i have a djm 700 channels 1 and 2 linked to my denon hc4500, and my 4500 usb linked to my pc... ehh and the software i use is virtual dj.

and the head phone i use is plugged into the djm

it also accured to me that when i record on virtual dj, the effects from my mixer

aren't getting recorded... allthough i can clearly hear and see it all happen on my djm mixer.

maybe this issue is linked with my crossfdader problem?

hopefully this wil specify my problem enough.

• Members

hopefully this wil specify my problem enough.

Not really, at least not for me. I still don't understand what the problem with your crossfader is. Nor do I understand exaclty how you've incorportated virtual dj into your rig, or how you've got your mixer outputs connected to your computer. Your problem could lie anywhere in there.

Are you trying to use time coded CD's in the 4500 to control the mp3 files on virtual dj, and the djm-700 as an outboard mixer as opposed to the one in the program? If so there has to be some kind of interface box between your decks/mixer and your PC to translate the signals back and forth between them, and this has to be set up correctly or all kinds of problems are possible. Again, tell us what your source material is and EXACTLY how you've got ALL your equipment set up.

It would probably also help to narrow the problem down a little bit by taking the software completely out of the loop. Just plug the cd decks into your mixer's line in inputs w/ rca's, mixer's master out to an amp/speakers and that should help isolate your issues a little bit. Also, check to see if there is a difference in the way the effects sound on the Rec out vs. the Master out, that could be the source of your problems there (I don't know the DJM-700 that well).

Archived