New song! Brutal symphonic blackened death metal

mparsons

• Members

Yeah yeah, sorry, can't help it, I need my excessive sub genres :p

The song is nvincible.

http://www.myspace.com/alastyranny

Guitars are my Edwards Forest with an X2N on the right and my ESP Horizon with an Evolution on the left. Quad tracked with TSE X30 and SoloC+8505.

Enjoy! :thu:

There's also Holy Words, which is black metal, and The Chains of Remembrance, which is more melodic.

• Members

Awesome man. I just posted a new one on my Fallen Empire page in my sig its the one called From the Ashes. Havent added keys or vocals yet but think you may like it

Listening now.. These are some awesome riffs! :D Your vocalist is great... Reminds me of Emperor a {censored}load.

• Members

I think you've got a good overall sound going, and I think in general the riffs are pretty badass. The synths sound really pro - what are you using there? I've never done synth stuff but if I could get a sound like that, maybe I'd try it at some point :p The guitar tones are a bit nasally/high-mid for my taste but it's a small gripe.

I would say from a song-writing point of view it's mostly pretty good but some of the sections seem to drag, and the part with the female vocals seems kind out of place. But overall it comes across very well.

The part at 2:15 sounds a little sloppy because the two guitar lines diverge noticeably and are a bit sloppy. I would re-record that and tighten it up a bit.

Lastly, and meaningless... from a genre-classification point, I don't hear anything there to give it the "brutal" tag (as in, it's no more brutal than regular blackened death, and bears no special stylistic significance to brutal death metal compared to other forms of metal). But that's just me being anal.

Sounds good overall, from all the quibbles you might get the idea that I didn't like it but I think it's definitely good stuff; I hope you take it as constructive criticism and nothing more :)

• Members

I think you've got a good overall sound going, and I think in general the riffs are pretty badass. The synths sound really pro - what are you using there? I've never done synth stuff but if I could get a sound like that, maybe I'd try it at some point
:p
The guitar tones are a bit nasally/high-mid for my taste but it's a small gripe.

I would say from a song-writing point of view it's mostly pretty good but some of the sections seem to drag, and the part with the female vocals seems kind out of place. But overall it comes across very well.

The part at 2:15 sounds a little sloppy because the two guitar lines diverge noticeably and are a bit sloppy. I would re-record that and tighten it up a bit.

Lastly, and meaningless... from a genre-classification point, I don't hear anything there to give it the "brutal" tag (as in, it's no more brutal than regular blackened death, and bears no special stylistic significance to brutal death metal compared to other forms of metal). But that's just me being anal.

Sounds good overall, from all the quibbles you might get the idea that I didn't like it but I think it's definitely good stuff; I hope you take it as constructive criticism and nothing more
:)

Thanks for listening man! I appreciate the criticism :) But for the genre thing, I am sure you listened to "The Chains of Remembrance". nvincible is the brutal death metal song. TCoR is much more melodic death, not brutal at all really. The synth I used is East West Symphonic Orchestra Silver, and choirs are Voices of the Apocalypse

• Members

Thanks for listening man! I appreciate the criticism
:)
But for the genre thing, I am sure you listened to "The Chains of Remembrance".
nvincible is the brutal death metal song. TCoR is much more melodic death, not brutal at all really. The synth I used is East West Symphonic Orchestra Silver, and choirs are Voices of the Apocalypse

Ah, I see. Well in that case, it sounds pretty badass... the guitar tones are a little "modern" sounding for my tastes but eh. If that's the sound you're going for you pretty much nailed it. The layered vocals sound killer although maybe a bit loud in the mix. The drums are just a bit quiet IMO. Not the kick (if anything it's a little too click-happy). But the drums sound very realistic for the most part. Bass sounds good. Overall it's pretty hard-hitting, I dig it :rawk:

• Members

Thanks man! :D Yeah I really like the modern sound.. my ideal guitar tone is Dimmu Borgir's Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia, and that crossed with Septic Flesh's "Sumerian Daemons" was my goal for this CD. Glad you're digging it.

Of course, it sounds a lot better non-streaming.

PS:

My myspace logged 570 plays yesterday! Thanks to all of you :D

Archived