Help with my rig - Nova System? POD X3 Live?

gtrmaestro

• Members

Hey there guys, I'm looking at getting a Nova System. However I've never used a multi effect unit before. What I'm running right now is:

Boss tuner --> Snarling Dogs Black Bawl Wah --> Cmatmods Signa Comp --> Bad Bob Booster --> Foxrox Zim --> Creation Audio Labs MK 4:23 --> Cmatmods Deelay --> one of two amps either Alessandro Working Dog or Peavey Classic 20. All hooked up with George L's cables and powered by Pedal Power 2. (Sometimes I have a Boss RC-50 in there too for loops)

What I'm thinking is that I can replace everything except the wah with one pedal and get a better tone by eliminating all of the cable's and therefore have less signal degeneration and get tap tempo and tremolo to boot. Does that sound right? Does the Nova record well?

Also I'm considering going completely direct ie: drop the tube amps and get a POD X3 Live. Running the X3 either through a P.A. or through my old Yamaha G50 112II. Can you use an X3 Live and a Nova system together with good affect? (The reason I'm thinking about this is 99% of my live playing right now is direct through a P.A. through a POD 2.0 I figure the X3 Live has to sound better that the 2.0)

Any help would be appreciated thanks a lot tone gurus!!

Archived