NPUPD!

perlinusolsson

• Members

actually installed it a while ago and didnt wanna spoil my post with the honeymoon disease.

so after a good 2 months of playing the dimarzio norton, replacing an dimarzio airzone in the bridge pos. has become my favourite pup of all time sofar! really unique mids to this pup and fantastic overtones! along with the air zone in the neck i feel i get the best of 2 worlds! a kinda petrucci/andy timmons/alex skolnick shredtone with a good amount of mids even though i'm now scooping 'em alittle more than i'm used to to get that slash singin tone combined with above mentioned players smoothnes which i really feel the norton bridge pup helped me get with my amp.

not to mention the fabolous riffsound i get out of it. really tight with plenty of mids. something like lamb of god's wrath mixed with testament's formation of damnation in terms if rifftone to my ears so far. not been doing to much tweaking on this area yet, mainly been focusin on leadtones and i think i finally found "my sound" in a guitar at least. now i just got to hande the Bogner alchemist GAS

highly recommended anyway for any les paul owners thinkin about switching ou the burstbuckers which i feel really doesnt do a nice lp justice with it's ability to produce such a massive singing "glassy" yet liquidy lead tone.

a question though; is it possible/hard to install a chromecovers on the pickups? any tut's on the web? there's something about that classic lplook with chromed pup covers i love.

they only had the norton in black so i now has a zebra in the neck and a black in the bridge which i thought looked pretty cool! posting pics below so tell me what you think about the looks until i can post some clips playing this baby through my blackstar ht-5 combo with ocd boost :)

gibson-lp-std-wdimarzios.jpg

Archived