great deal on a cab

xbox540

• Members

no its not those either this cab was made in the 80's and it sounds great but i want to use it with my other cab which is an 8 ohm, jackson being 16 ohm, i guess i can replace the speakers in the future but i wanted to find out how the output jack on the jackson works to see if i CAN use my other cab

• Members

I may be wrong, but if you daisy-chained your 16ohm cabs together, it would create an 8ohm load. Therefore you could use the 2 8ohm outputs on your amp (assuming you have 2) one for the Jackson, directly and then run the other 2 in parallel. That is a lot of load for one amp though, so unless it's 200w or more, then it's probably a bad idea. Especially if it's a Bugera.

Oh, and picsoritsabugera.

• Members

I may be wrong, but if you daisy-chained your 16ohm cabs together, it would create an 8ohm load. Therefore you could use the 2 8ohm outputs on your amp (assuming you have 2) one for the Jackson, directly and then run the other 2 in parallel. That is a lot of load for one amp though, so unless it's 200w or more, then it's probably a bad idea. Especially if it's a Bugera.

Oh, and picsoritsabugera.

No...2 8 ohm loads in parallel (or in this case, 16 + 16 + 8) is a 4-ohm total load.

You'd need to run both 4 ohm outputs on your amp (one into the 8-ohm cab, one into the pair of daisy-chained 16-ohm cabs).

The wattage of the amp doesn't factor into that at all.

Archived