Fender Super champ XD, question about footswitch

bluesboy

• Members

I picked up one of these amps last week, really cool for practice and rehearsing. It didn't come with a fender footswitch, so I bought a boss single button footswitch (the latch one). Here are my questions:

1). what kind of cable do i need, shielded or unshielded (speaker cable)?

2). how should i set the polarity on the switch?

thanks plenty :)

• Members

Hi - somebody name billm on the FenderForum.com board has a schematic and info for building a footswitch for the XD... they may be available from Fender now -

Not sure if you Boss switch will do the trick - and I don't have a direct answer to your question. I've since sold my XD and the pedal - but building the switch was easy to do if you can solder...and only cost about $10 in parts.

Good luck

• Members

According to the manual that came with mine you need a unshielded speaker cable for the footswitch. That's the one that Fender has for it. Why not just order a SCXD footswitch from the shop you got the amp from. Not sure how long it will take, when I ordered mine when they first came out and it took two months. May be different now. That would be my advice. And it comes with a cable.

• Members

hey guys, thanks for your responses!

I bought the amp from guitar center, and when I asked the guy about a footswitch, he was like here, this one will work, and you use a regular guitar cord. I was in a hurry, so i just said ok il take it. then a few days later (i havent tried the boss one yet) i download the manual, and it says use speaker cable.

I do like to build things and i'm good with soldering, but i don't have alot of spare time right now for something like that. Ill probably just order the fender one and return the boss one.

So far i really like this amp. I used it for practice with my jamming buddies, and it held it's own volume wise and sounded really nice. I havent delved into the second channel yet, but the clean with a nice pedal sounds fantastic

Archived