Vox AC 15

sickman

• Members

It looks like you can get a Vox AC 15 for $500-550. I know they are made in China, but how is the sound of these amps? Are they gig worthy or am I throwing my money away? I don't really need another amp, but I wouldn't mind adding a Vox. Is it worth checking out?

• Members

I love AC15's. I know a few people who gig with them on a regular basis. They're great amps if that's the sound you're looking for. Really nice cleans and they overdrive very well too.

I haven't heard the newest version of this amp. I would assume the circuit would be nearly identical to older versions.

AL

• Members

Older? The one's I have heard have been a few '60's versions and two Korg models from the '90's. One of the guitarists in my band uses a '90's version - that's been his only amp for since he bought it new.

I

AL

• Members

I had an AC15cc for about 1 year. They certainly have a sound that you cant seem to get from anything other than a Vox Ac15. (the Ac30 sounds "Bigger" ..ironic yes I know).

I loved the great Hi-FI, Detailed Clean sound.
(I'm thinking modern country type sound) My guitar is pretty bright so I ended up removing the Capacitor from the input to tame the highs a tad.

If you want Cleansemi-dirty tones I think its a great amp.

It was MURDER trying to find a pedal to boostdirty up the sound a bit for solo's. :)

The only reason I got rid of it was a needed an amp that could cover more ground. I cant lug around 2 amps etc..etc.

Archived