Played my Morpheus tonight...

frtbzz

• Members

Put a Tubescreamer after it--it fixes it, at least if you're using into a distorted amp.

The Droptune compresses the sound and reduces the attack. A tubescreamer will return some of the attack and dynamics.

That's what I do, at least. It sucks for cleans, though.

This helps. I thought most notes (especially on the low E) sounded totally "artificial" for lack of a better word...

• Members

I just bought one of these and love it. Oneweird thing, though. If you're not playing real loud you can hear the actual pitch of the string, acoustically, along with the downtuned pitch form the amp. Its pretty disconcerting. Its a total non issue its just a funny think I noticed. But its an awesome pedal, especially for jamming along with tracks that are tuned to E FLat like evh or Yngwie.

• Members

I've had mine for a couple of months now. Before I did the firmware update on it, I was unsure. After the update, it seemed to clean things up. As with anything, it's not going to give you a perfect tone from your amp. This thing has pretty much done what nothing has before so give it some time with more updates. I don't need to tune my guitars any differently now. They sound great dropped. I'll have to post up some tracks at some point soon to compare.

• Members

I've had mine for a couple of months now. Before I did the firmware update on it, I was unsure. After the update, it seemed to clean things up. As with anything, it's not going to give you a perfect tone from your amp. This thing has pretty much done what nothing has before so give it some time with more updates. I don't need to tune my guitars any differently now. They sound great dropped. I'll have to post up some tracks at some point soon to compare.

After the update, does it still adversely affect your tone even when dropping down just half a step?

Archived