Is my new Vypyr 15 Fubared

sabrex

• Members

It sounds great BUT.. there is a nasty metallic buzzing noise in the background.

THe gate cuts it when I stop playing, but it is always there. Without FX to hide the noise, the amp is useless to me.

Is this defective or do they all do it?

• Members

Nothing hitting the speaker or anything? Have you tried resetting the amp (turn it on with nothing plugged in)?

Of note, the speaker sucks. It really needs a better speaker and I've seen a few guys put in 10's.

• Members

Yeah, it's definitely a problem. I can plug my guitar in first or turn the amp on first and not have this problem.

Exchange! Be back in another hour.. . .. . .. .

I have to admit, the XXX model is surprisingly close to the real amp, for the settings I use to record my real XXX. Treble cranked, mids at 7ish, bass low. I mean its not just an approximation, they got darn close.

The only problem is that the pick attack is not quite as sharp and dynamic. There is not as much presence or clarity on top, but I am impressed.

I think I can mic this up, run it through the tube compressor to add some sparkle and compression, and I could record an album and no one would know.

• Members

Exchange! Be back in another hour.. . .. . .. .

I have to admit, the XXX model is surprisingly close to the real amp, for the settings I use to record my real XXX. Treble cranked, mids at 7ish, bass low. I mean its not just an approximation, they got darn close.

The only problem is that the pick attack is not quite as sharp and dynamic. There is not as much presence or clarity on top, but I am impressed.

I think I can mic this up, run it through the tube compressor to add some sparkle and compression, and I could record an album and no one would know.

I :love: my Vypyr, but :lol:.

Seriously.

:lol:

• Members

I took it bake. The demo model made the same noise although not as bad.

I ply, mute the strings, and there is a nasty metallic bussing before the gate kicks in. Just unusable.

If I can spend some quality time with another one in another store, I might buy one. Sounds great just too noisy.

• Members

Needs the firmware update. Easy fix for the 30's and above, but the 15, you have to have a service center do the update.

Are you sure? When was the firmware updated? If I order one from MF, will I get a good one?

• Members

I pressed the buttons on mine a while ago and found out I have the latest firmware.

I cant remember what buttons for the life of me though.
:o

EDIT: You can't update the 15's actually, they don't know have the USB port.

Notice above where I said that for 15's, only a service center can do the update? :cop:

Archived